Sunday, February 3, 2013

Turkey Time Warp

Arrived safely here in Istanbul at a little after 6 am local time Sunday - 11 pm (Saturday) on the East Coast, after about a nine hour flight.

Ours was not a usual "redeye" over night flight. It was more of a "faux" redeye. We left early afternoon and were given dinner at about 4 PM and after the lights were dimmed for a few hours, were served breakfast at 9 PM (eastern) before landing. Not anyone's typical daily schedule. I suppose it is meant to get us adjusted to the local time zone.

So as a result not many people slept much on the plane (including myself) since many (including myself) would just be going to bed about the time the flight landed. Not complaining mind you, and I'm thankful that the travel has gone smoothly so far.

Anyway this post is intended as a trial run to make sure I can post entries from the road. This also allows me to get some of my logistical observations out of the way. I don't plan to focus on them in my future blog posts about the trip. I may lose my faithful readers if I start talking about the tour bus and what kind of plane we flew from Istanbul to Antalya :-) (don't know yet, btw). More to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment